background

Friday, September 25, 2009

Ode to Mine Weaning Breast


Please do not stare at my chest;
I'm a weaning mother, and I need my rest

From the suckling Peanut friend;
It's time for your sippins to come to an end.

Thrush, engorgement, mastitis times three-
Please know what I have endured for thee!

Yet how can I deny my precious babe
Of that which is his ultimate fav?

I'll give you a kippins of milk from a cow;
Please do not think I don't love you now!

A wee bro or wee sis you want, we know;
You must stop nursing, so it can grow.

Twelve months of milk and snuggles for you;
Though mommy is sad, she'd like to be through.

Please do not stare at my chest,
When I have weaned and have wee breasts.

Before my babe they were so nice,
But nursing is worth the sacrifice!



7 comments:

Mimi and Pops said...

You are such a talented poet. I am still laughing. This was an inspired bit of rhyme.

Katherine G. said...

I can't stop laughing!!! What a perfect way to summarize such an eventful time of life! Hilarious!!!

Megan said...

I love it!

katie newton said...

LOL!!!!! HYSTERICAL!!!!! :):):) Totally made my day! :)

Beth LoSurdo said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!...well put! :)

Weavers said...

This is so true- what a clever poem! Happy Birthday, Asher!

Jodi LaFrance said...

That is awesome!