Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
I got this recipe years ago from my college roommate, Beth. I used to make them a lot, and I recently rediscovered them! The recipe uses 1/4 c dough for each cookie, hence the name "colossal". I prefer descriptive names (any cookie could be colossal), but whatever you call it, it is delicious! P-butter and chocolate are a fabulous match!
- 1/2 c butter or canola oil
- 1 c sugar
- 1 1/4 c brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 c natural peanut butter (non-natural PB is hydrogenated oil- yuck- please don't use)
- 6 c oatmeal
- 2 c chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
You know what to do. For "colossal" cookies, use 1/4 c dough, press down a bit, about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake ~12 minutes at 375 F.
Baking Notes:
I can't believe I just recently discovered parchment paper! It's like wax paper sans wax. You can find it with the wax paper and foil at the grocery store. Simply place paper on baking sheet, cookies on paper, and they slide right off! No more scraping them off with a spatula and having your cookies fall apart on you! This is a great option for large cookies. I don't bake cookies without it! Even better: You don't have to wash your pan!
My abbreviations:
c = cup
t = teaspoon
T = tablespoon
bs = baking soda
bp = baking powder
4 comments:
Those look so yummy. I'm going to make them tomorrow for the Georges.
I know from personal experience - these cookies are amazing (and the surgery residents at Methodist agree)!
oh natural pb all the way in the roberts household -- dan and i were hooked from first bite! i can't wait to try the recipe -- thanks for sharing!
I have gained 5 pounds just looking at the cookie pictures..and will bake some this week!!
Post a Comment