background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010





Because I am large with child, we had to stay home in San Antonio for Christmas this year. It worked out well, since Mark was on call Christmas Eve anyway. My parents and Mark's parents both came for the weekend, and we had a calm and peaceful Christmas together. Asher soaked up the attention from the four doting grandparents! On Christmas Eve, we all (minus Mark who was at the hospital) attended the amazing service at Grace Point Church. Afterward, we had a cozy supper of potato leek soup, spinach salad, and warm bread. Christmas morning, Mark came home around 7:00. Ashie woke up around 8:00, and we opened gifts. Mark got Asher a dinosaur that walks and roars. We had it under the tree, and Asher loved it! He kept giving it hugs!
We had a delicious brunch after gifts, my favorite Christmas tradition. The rest of the day was calm and relaxing. The guys put together the full-sized trampoline from Mimi and Pops. We watched It's a Wonderful Life and drank cappuccinos. For dinner we feasted upon beef tenderloin, roasted potatoes, brussels sprouts, and butternut squash, wild rice pilaf, and banana cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert!
I loved spending time with our wonderful parents, and really enjoyed hosting and menu planning this year. I did miss seeing all of our siblings and nieces and nephews though.

Asher watching The Grinch. He sat like this for the entire movie.

Asher looked shell-shocked at his Kids Day Out Christmas Program. He couldn't even sing or ring his bells! I don't blame him- the parents were a little crazy with the cameras!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my goodness you are precious! And I loved the next post with his nursery photos. I can't wait to see Mr. Cole... I know he is beautiful and perfect. :)

sarah said...

Sounds like you were in the kitchen the entire time. I know you love to cook, but at 38/39 weeks preggo, I'm REALLY impressed. Be sure to share your fave recipes!